-->

Monday, March 2, 2015

The difference between "Wanting it" and Wanting it

Who knew there could be two different forms of  'wanting' to losing weight. I had always thought if you told yourself that you wanted to lose weight then you would be able to work hard and losing the weight would be super easy. The fact is that it is not true. If you want to lose weight then you yourself have to actually want it with everything that you have in you. Believing in yourself and in your goal is what it takes to make to your goal plausible. It sounds crazy maybe even unbelievable but, it is true that you have to believe wholesomely that you want to become fit, be healthy, and feel great. Believing wholesomely is the key to being successful.

I will admit that I have been down the fitness road more times than I would like to say. I have tried over the years to find the motivation to lose weight and get healthy but to no end I would always fall off of the path in some form. I would start hardcore working out for a couple days then two days in would stop. I could not figure out why I would lose my way or what could be done to fix the problem. I would try everything to fix what I was doing wrong but, little did I know that what I was doing wrong was forcing myself to lose weight versus actually wanting to lose weight. This realization was what changed everything for me. It was like a key to the door that has been locked all these years.

It was time for me to get real about this. I knew that no matter what that I was sure I wanted to keep my son from suffering the same fate as me. The only way to do prevent this was to set an example. Another issue I knew I was tired of was living day to day in pain because of the prison that I called my body. It was sinking me into a sadden mood everyday more and more as time went on. I was slowly slipping into a "This will never happen. Why even try?" sense of things. Instead, I told myself, "Do you really want to live the rest of your life like this? Do you not ever want to feel amazing when you wake up in the morning?". There was no arguing because I knew that I didn't want to live this way any longer that I had to move on from my repetitive unhealthy life. It was destroying me and it had to be done with.

I decided that I had to get my family involved if I was going to be able to achieve my goals. I had always kept losing weight and 'dieting' to myself before this moment which had caused a great deal of failure. I sat down and spoke about how I was going to make small changes to start out my new healthy lifestyle. My family were suppose to get me Subway instead of the McDonald's if they were to pick that up. My family has a tendency to pick up fountain drinks from the corner store also. So, I decided to tell them to get me coke zero instead of my normal Coke since my store recently started offering it. Now, these may seem like small changes to you but, growing up and living on junk food my entire life it was a hard task in my eyes. Everyone has to approach their goal in a their own way which can greatly differ. I knew that this would be the key for me to move forward on my path to being healthy. The funny thing is that I had tried this before but little did I know at the time that I didn't really want it and fell off the path pretty easily. This time though it seemed so much easier for me to do. That is strange, correct? Actually, it is not really that strange. When you want something extremely bad then, it becomes easy to do.

When you question yourself you can find out your real motives behind wanting to lose weight.  Is this just because you feel like you have to lose weight to make others happy or are you doing it for your health and yourself. Once you realize who or what you are doing this for then, you will be able to realign yourself with a more positive way of wanting it. Once I was able to do that then, I realized the weight has started to slowly fall off with ease. First it was one pound then two then three. Now, I am doing it with ease and it overjoys me. I know that you will be able to do it too. If you feel like you keep falling off then, take a deep look and do it for you and your health. You can do it! Keep the hard work!

Credits:  All photos credits go directly to their rightful photographers. I did not take these photos nor do I own them.

No comments:

Post a Comment